Thursday, July 18, 2013

Helping Hands... SJK (T) SUNGAI KAWANG, LANCHANG PAHANG



This would be my 13th charity project since year 2005. This time around I have chosen SJK (T) Sg. Kawang, Lanchang Pahang. The school was suggested to me by my dad. Since he is currently working in Mentakab, he visited the school a few weeks earlier to do some recce work on what the school needs. After finalizing the items to be bought, dad and I headed to the book shop to purchase the items.   
                


 
During the past projects, we used to purchase A4 papers as well as books for the library. In this project, the school requested story books for the library (english and malay) since their library is not well equipped.  We purchased nearly 100 books for various types of levels. It is because most of the students are still not that good in reading. 
The school visit was done on the 18th of july 2013. Like every other project, I will accompany my dad to the schools that we would like to donate. But for this years project, I was unable to go with him since I was away in Labuan. Dad went with his friends and handed over the items to the school. 
The total enrollment at the school is 76 students with 12 teachers. The headmaster of the school is Mr. Manokaran Rajor. The school is located in at Ladang Sg. Kawang, Lanchang. It has got all the basic infractructure but the condition of the buildings are quite bad and old. Although the condition is quite bad but the teachers are very dedicated in teaching the students there. Majority of the students are from poor families. Dad also took down a list of hardcore poor students to get sponsors for them.  Below are a few pictures taken during the visit to the school.










 Although I was unable to visit the school, I am very happy and satisfied that this years project was a success. The project was not a grand and big project but it still served the community especially the indian kids in the rural area. Thanks to my dad for making this event a success.


No comments:

Post a Comment